Enhance and expand your living space by adding seating and decorative items to your outdoor spaces.
Nowadays Interiors are not limited to be used only indoors. There is ample opportunity to add functional and stylish furniture and accents to our yards, balconies and patios. This gives us a chance to have an ‘outer living space,’ which can be used all year round. There are beautiful options to create this without spending big bucks and the end result will want you to be living 24×7 outside! By creating an outdoor living space you not only enhance your home, but also increase your property’s value.
Below are some ways to create a fully functional outer living area:
- Decorate your patio with beautiful wicker lounge furniture and add some vibrant cushions to add texture and warmth to the setting
- Place an outdoor dining table with chairs to not only entertain guests during backyard parties /barbeques but also for moments when you want to eat outdoors on that perfect summer day
- If you have that perfect veranda, which sadly is usually covered with unwanted things and clutter, replace it with a beautiful lounge set, some outdoor light pendants, and accessorise with curtains, mirrors, vases and transform it into an outdoor lounge/living area
- If your kitchen window overlooks the backyard, why not add a bench counter on its exterior side with some bar stools to make it an outside breakfast counter and soak in the morning sun and get your doze of Vitamin D!
- And last but not the least, my favourite style is to add a daybed accessorised with curtains and lots of colour cushions to enjoy the afternoon with a nice book.
Our Columnist, Tabu Muneera, is Designer at Elara Interiors and World of Style by Porter Davis Homes in Melbourne. You can read her column on creating mood boards here and on contemporary vs classic design styles here.